A Certified Specialist in Civil Litigation by the Law Society of Upper Canada, Michael Bordin has established a reputation for his immediate grasp of complex facts and the problems his clients face, as well as his ability to provide strategic, no-nonsense advice aimed at a timely and cost-effective resolution.
Michael combines strong communication, presentation, problem solving and relational skills, with sound judgment and analysis to solve his clients’ problems and advocate on their behalf. He also enjoys strategically preparing for and conducting trials and has appeared before all levels of court in Ontario.
Michael has settled and tried many cases including commercial disputes, shareholder disputes, professional negligence claims, partnership disputes, estate disputes and construction liens. His most memorable trial to date was as co-counsel with John F. Evans in the nationally publicized claim brought by a Caledonia family against the OPP and the Province arising out of the aboriginal occupation at Douglas Creek Estates.
Michael professional and community involvement includes:
- Past President, Hamilton Law Association, June 2017 – 2018
- Chair, Hamilton Law Association Nominating Committee, June 2017-2018
- Executive Committee of the Hamilton Law Association (CPD Committee Chair, Secretary Treasurer, Vice-President, President), June 2011 – 2017
- Co-Chair of the Annual Commercial Litigation Seminar, Hamilton Law Association, June 2010 – Present
- Trustee of the Hamilton Law Association, June 2008 – present
- Board Member of Artaban Not-For Profit Homes, 2006 – 2012
- Trustee of the Ainslie Wood / Westdale Community Association of Residential Homeowners, 2001 – 2005
- Board of Directors of Sanctuary Ministries of Toronto, 1997 – 2004
- Member of the Ontario Bar Association
- Member of The Advocates’ Society
- West Hamilton Youth Soccer Club Coach and Sponsor, 2005 – 2013
Trusted Litigation Counsel™
What uncommon value delivered by a culture of service means to me:
It means more than delivering high caliber work based on broad experience at competitive rates - although this is an essential element. It is also the ability to diffuse the tension and angst inherent in litigation; to engage clients and ease their anxiety; to be responsive, to communicate clearly, and to deliver on commitments. It means having clients who would recommend you to others without hesitation.