Sandra Stephenson practises in the areas of estate planning and administration, and corporate law. She likes working in these two distinct areas of the law because she can offer comprehensive support and advice to business clients. She is adept at developing the best plans for clients which meet all their wealth planning and business succession needs.
She has also developed a niche practice acting as both an attorney for property and as an executor and trustee, with a special skill in estate accounting. Sandra has a thoughtful and caring demeanour and is always responsive to her clients’ needs.
In 2014, Sandra was awarded the Law Society Medal by the Law Society of Upper Canada in recognition of her outstanding service and contributions to the legal profession.
Sandra also frequently speaks on estate planning and administration matters, estate accounting and business law issues and is actively involved with several professional and community organizations including the following:
- YMCA: Board Member (2012 – 2015)
- McMaster University Alumni Association: President (2012 – present)
- Hamilton Family Health Team: Board Member (2013 – present)
- Hamilton Community Foundation:Board Chair (2008 – 2010); Board Member (2004 – 2011)
- Hamilton Club: Board Chair (2010 – 2011)
- St. Peter’s Health System: Board Chair (2004 – 2006); Board Member & Executive (1999 – 2008)
- Hamilton Law Association: President (2003 – 2004); Board Member (1996 – 2005)
- The Rotary Club of Hamilton: President (2003 – 2004); Executive & Board Member, and Member (since 1993)
- Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation: 2nd Vice-Chair (1998 – 2001); Board Member, (1996 – 2001), (2008 – 2009)
What uncommon value delivered by a culture of service means to me:
Responding to our clients’ needs by:
(1) Producing the best written work;
(2) Administering estates and trusts as quickly and efficiently as possible;
(3) Being open, transparent and informative;
(4) Being respectful; and
(5) Maintaining a calm presence in the face of challenging life events.